About Our Jeep Repair Services
At West Ave Automotive & Transmissions we love Jeeps! We are the top place where Jeep owners go-to for Jeep repair in San Antonio in addition to maintenance services.
What Are Some Common Jeep Repair Problems?
Bad U-joints on Jeeps:
A U-joint, or universal joint, is a part of the driveshaft. U-joints transfer power from the transmission to the differential. Without it, your vehicle will not be able to drive. Symptoms of bad or broken U-joints include hearing a loud clanking or clunking noise when you shift your transmission from one position to another. Another symptom is feeling a vibration that increases in intensity as your vehicle’s speed increases. Also transmission fluid leaks from the rear of the transmission may mean your U-joints are broken or failing.
Motor Mounts for Jeeps:
What are the purpose of motor mounts? The purpose of motor mounts is to mount the engine and reduce engine vibration. When there is a problem with the motor mounts, it is usually quite noticeable. Another symptom of a bad or failing motor mount is extreme vibration. The movement may be particularly pronounced when accelerating, and may also be accompanied by noise that sounds like impact.
Brakes for Jeeps:
When it comes to brakes, you need to find out the problem BEFORE replacing parts. Sometimes this is harder than it sounds. Some owners attempt to diagnose and repair the problem on their own. Brake issues are, however, a safety concern and should be addressed by an expert. Furthermore, a professional garage with experience will be able to tell you whether or not these repairs could be covered under warranty.
- Brakes and wheels get real hot when driving
- Car pulls to one side during braking
- Squealing brake noise when coming to a stop
- Steering wheel shakes during heavy braking
- Brakes make grinding noise when applied
- Brake Pedal feels soft or goes all the way to the floor
- Brake Pedal feels hard when pushing on the brakes
- Brake pedal jumpy (ABS systems)
- Shake, side pull, binding, grabbing, grinding, squealing, overheating and soft/hard pedal issues.
Common Jeep Repair Maintenance Services Include:
- Change Engine Coolant
- Change Transmission Fluid and Filter
- Change Engine Oil and Replace Oil Filter
- Inspect and Change Cabin Air Filter
- Inspect and Rotate Tires
- Inspect Engine Cooling System and Hoses
- Inspect Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, Brake Line, Hoses, and Parking Brake
- Replace Brake Fluid
- Inspect Exhaust System
- Replace Engine Air Filter
- Replace Fuel Filter
- Replace Spark Plugs
- Inspect Rear Differential Fluid
- Service Inspection
- Inspect/Replace Power Steering Fluid
- Inspect Accessory Drive Belt Condition
- Transfer Case Flush/Fluid Exchange
We provide Jeep Repair for the following models:
- Grand Cherokee
Jeep Dealership Alternative for Jeep Repair in San Antonio
West Ave Automotive & Transmissions has been the trusted choice for Jeep repair in San Antonio by Jeep owners. We provide reliable maintenance and repairs along with great customer service. Our experienced technicians fully diagnose the root cause and not just the symptom to provide you with the most reliable Jeep repairs.
Along with our Jeep repair expertise, customer service is always high on our priority list. For the best experience, please call us to set up an appointment for your Jeep repair needs.
For expert Jeep repair in the San Antonio area, think first of West Ave Automotive & Transmissions.
Question about Jeep Repair in San Antonio Questions
How much does Jeep repair cost in San Antonio?
Cost may vary depending on a number of variables. We highly recommend scheduling a diagnostic so that our experienced technicians can properly diagnose any issues and provide you with an accurate estimate.